Thursday, February 10, 2011

Godly Discipline vs Legalism

Comment to Jon Acuff’s post:

http://www.jonacuff.com/stuffchristianslike/2011/02/using-fear-of-legalism-as-an-excuse-to-be-lazy/

“I think we need to understand that there is a difference between legalism and Godly discipline. Legalism is doing something because “thats what youre supposed to do”. Godly discipline on the other hand is doing it, not because you are supposed to, but doing it because you genuinely want to and you are looking to grow your relationship with God. I am guilty of doing things out of legalism all the time. Sometimes I sit back and think to myself about why I am reading my bible and praying and going to church? Is it because I want to get to know God or is it because, as a christian, that is what I am supposed to do? Some days I think its one reason, and some days I think its the other reason. Its something I struggle with and I ask God to help me with everyday.”

http://www.jonacuff.com/stuffchristianslike/2011/02/using-fear-of-legalism-as-an-excuse-to-be-lazy/comment-page-2/#comment-169829

No comments:

Post a Comment