Thursday, July 14, 2011

Serving in CCF Committee

So this Spring term (May-Aug) has been the first term serving on the CCF Committee.  Experience has been good overall. 

It’s a blessing to be able to serve the fellowship as a whole, and be able to be more intimately involved with how the fellowship runs.  Committee meetings have also served as a "mini cell group”; which is good, because I chose not to join a DG this term due to business of serving on Committee as well as doing Outreach.

I’ve also learned some lessons.  I would say that I wasn’t focused enough this term on how I wanted to serve the fellowship and what my purpose was being on Committee.  I felt many times that I was just doing/serving and not motivated on why I was doing what I was doing. For Friday nights, I would either be doing worship or had something I needed to do.  At times, I know I wasn’t worshipping God with my all as I was focused on making sure things would be fine; which is a little ironic. 

So as I serve on Committee for the coming year (2011-12), I definitely want to take some more time before the year starts to gather where God has called me to lead/serve.  I need to continue to seek God’s will onto where my role in the fellowship will be.  I don’t want to get caught up with the “busyness” or the amount of logistics that may need to be accomplished.  I want to have my eyes fixed on Christ, and the mission to which He has called me to.

I’ll be serving as Communications for the coming year.  So as I seek God’s will, and figure out what it would me to be the person who is the “bridge” between Committee and the rest of the fellowship, I would ask for your prayers for wisdom and discipline.

1 comment:

  1. yoo...this sounds like Revelations 2 the part for the church in Ephesus HAHA...READ EPHESIANS!!

    ReplyDelete